Maintaining data quality can be time-consuming and resource-intensive if you don't have the right tools. In this article, we will tell you how to use HubSpot's new Operations Hub tool - the Data Quality Command Center.
The most common CRM data quality problems we see are:
- Data entry errors. Because data is added from various sources, such as web form fills, manual adds and file list imports, it's nearly impossible to ensure that your data is of high quality when it enters your CRM. The typical data entry errors we see are typos, incorrect formatting (i.e., wrong case), data missing (i.e., first name) or data being entered in the wrong fields. These errors can cause issues with the accuracy and integrity of the data.
- Duplicate data. Duplicates can occur when the same information is entered multiple times, often by different users. This can be in the form of multiple records for the same item (i.e., a contact that is entered twice) or multiple properties being created that represent the same data. This can lead to confusion and make it challenging to get a complete and accurate picture of customer information, and when used with automation, it can negatively impact your brand.
- Data integration issues. If the CRM system is not correctly integrated with other systems, it can lead to problems with data quality. For example, if the CRM system is not properly integrated with the accounting system, there may be discrepancies between the two systems.
HubSpot's Operations Hub has addressed these common data quality issues. Here is what you need to know about the Data Quality Command Center and how it works to keep your CRM data clean.
What is HubSpot's data command center?
HubSpot's Data Quality Command Center is a tool that helps businesses improve the accuracy and integrity of their data within the HubSpot CRM. It provides a centralized location for managing and improving data quality and includes various features designed to help businesses clean and maintain their data. It regularly scans your database and provides reports on possible issues with your records, properties and applications integrated with HubSpot. It helps you identify the common data quality problems that are outlined above.
Who gets the Data Quality Command Center?
HubSpot users with Super Admin permissions and a subscription to either the Professional or Enterprise version of HubSpot's Operations Hub can gain access to the tool.
How does HubSpot's Data Quality Command Center Work?
HubSpot regularly scans information on the contact and company records in your database. The findings are reported in three main areas:
- Data Sync
Image source: HubSpot
The report shows the total number of properties and a trend line for potential issues with your record properties. Note that right now, the data quality management command center only covers contact and company properties.
The potential problems HubSpot identifies are:
- No Data Properties: These are fields that are empty or missing information.
- Unused Properties: These fields may have data, but they aren't used in any tools such as workflows, emails and lists.
- Duplicate Properties: These are very similar or identical fields and may be duplicates.
You can now use this report to start conversations about which properties might be outdated or unused.
The "View all property insights" button will take you to a screen where you can view and filter down the list of properties that HubSpot has identified as potential data quality issues. You'll be able to see more details about the property and take the appropriate actions.
The records report is very similar to the properties report. It shows the total number of records (contact and company records only) and the trendline, the number of records with issues and the number of records that might be duplicated.
HubSpot reports on the following issues:
- Common placeholder data: An example of this might be contacts created when testing forms with the first or last name "test."
- Missing or unexpected capitalization: This is typically a contact's first and last name.
- Fewer characters than expected: This is typically when a name property contains one or fewer than typical characters.
- Missing or unexpected capitalization: This is typically when the first letter in the name needs to be capitalized.
Clicking "View All" on this report will open up a list of the records where the data suspected to be an issue is displayed, along with a proposed fix and buttons that allow you to accept or reject the proposed fix.
Image source: HubSpot
Data Sync Report:
HubSpot's Data Quality Command Center displays the total number of applications integrated with your HubSpot portal and the number of integrated apps with sync issues.
Clicking "View all data sync insight issues" will take you to a page where you'll see more detail about the sync issues.
Clean up Your Data with HubSpot Operations Hub
Contact Inbound Ignited to set up a free 14-day trial of Operations Hub to see how Data Quality Command Center can help you clean up your business data.